1. Contact Base
The Olds & District Hospice Society is a point of contact. We can meet where is convenient for you or in our office. Telephone calls are answered within 24 hours.
2. Information Base
Navigating through the health care system can be exhausting. Who do I look to? Where do I find help? What is going to happen next? We can help!
Olds & District Hospice Society offers trained volunteers:
* for respite care
* for support in home or facility
* to assist with transportation
* to run errands
* for companionship
* to be whatever you need us to be
4. Bereavement Support
O&DHS provides individual and group support.
5. Communication / Advocacy
* for individuals and their families and friends; journeying with them in whatever support they need,
* supporting other communities launching similar initiatives,
* maintaining regular contact with many levls of government to partner in “sharing the care”.
6. The Suites
Our suites provide the option for people facing a palliative journey to remain in our community in a home-like setting when staying in their own home is not an option. Located in an assisted living facility in Olds, these suites are offered for respite or to end of life.
7. NavCARE support
Nav-CARE ‘s specially trained volunteer navigators help improve the lives of people living with chronic/terminal illness by creating connections to community services and resources and providing caring, compassionate emotional and social support.
Nav-CARE stands for Navigating and Connecting, Accessing, Resourcing and Engaging